The weather for the past two days has been spectacular. On the way to the hospital today, I saw a lot of people sunbathing, walking, biking, and rollerblading along Storrow Drive next to Charles River. With the blue sky, white sailboats, what a pretty scene! It is real. Spring is here. No more snow. It feels so healthy. I see people in tank tops and shorts although I still need a light jacket.
Spring time to me means skirt time. At last, I can dress pretty again. No more bulk jackets. No more sneakers unless I am going to the gym. Recently, whenever I see my friends, they express concerns that I seem to be losing weight. I think it is because of the clothing. Now, I can start wearing skirts, dresses, heels, and sandals. Hmmm, when did I become this girly?!
The happiest thing is seeing the patients hanging out in the courtyard outside the hospital building. Imagine staying indoors all the time. It is a bit too much for a sick person to handle. A lot of patients have been telling me that they long for fresh air. I remember I once took a patient out to the courtyard to have lunch. It was the highlight of his day. It is time like this reassures the little things that we ought to appreciate in life: warm sunshine and fresh air.
春天來了!
這兩天的天氣好極了。今天往 醫院的途中,我看見有很多人在查理河伴的Storrow Drive曬太陽,漫步,踩單車和滾軸溜冰。藍天,白風帆,風景美極了!當真的,春天來到了。不再有雪,感覺上很健康。雖然我需要穿一件薄褸,但是其他人已經穿上背心跟短褲。
對我來說,春天是穿裙子天。我終於可以穿得漂亮一點,不用穿厚褸,除非去健身室,不用穿波鞋。最近,朋友們都擔心我越來越瘦,我卻認為是衣著的關係。現在,我可以穿裙子,高跟鞋或涼鞋。唔,我從何時變成這麼貪靚的呢?!
最開心的是看見病人們可以到醫院大樓外的露天庭園留連。想想他們整天困在室內,盡是難受。很多病人告訴我他們渴望新鮮空氣。我記得有一次帶個病人到庭園用午膳,那是他一天中的高點。這樣的小事情令我們體會到我們應該重視生命中的點滴:溫暖的陽光和清新的空氣。
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment