常常與女朋友們說笑,有時候咱們有點兒像曾經流行一時的日本電子寵物玩具──他媽哥池。大家還記得這個玩意吧?寵物主人要釋心料理那小雞雞:要餵,要哄牠睡覺,要陪牠玩耍‧‧‧否則,牠會死掉!
我們女生不會死掉,可是當我們肚子餓,疲倦眼睏,又或者出現經前症候群〈PMS〉時,大家最好不要來惹我們,否則後果自負‧‧‧
以我為例,由於公事和私事都頗繁忙,沒覺好睡。平時若只是累,頂多是反應慢一點,臉上還是有笑容的。但如果樣樣一起來〈累 + 餓 + PMS〉,那發惡的機率就非常大了。幸好這種情況不多,否則我身邊的人可受罪呢。
平時可以容忍的,會變得令人煩厭極了。心想:「這麼容易的事,自己解決不就成了嗎?」「上次不是告訴過你了嗎?不用每事問啦!」‧‧‧「踢一踢,動一動,唉!」「嘩,你怎駕車的?!」「我心情不好,你還在煩我,找死嗎?」
公事上要維持專業操手,絕不能動怒。私事上,我也不喜歡給臉色人家看,唯有躲起來休養,待心情好一點才肯見人。沒有人喜歡自己發脾氣,一點兒都不可愛。其實,要避免女生發怒不難,只要相應她的基本需求:不餓她,給她足夠睡眠和私人空間,知情識趣便成了。
Tamagotchi
Very often, I joke with my girl friends. Sometimes, girls are like the once popular Japanese electronic toy pet – Tamagotchi. Remember such a toy? The owner has to carefully take care of the little chick: feeding it, making it go to sleep, playing with it… Otherwise, it will die!
We girls will not die. However, whenever we are hungry, tired, or experiencing premenstrual syndrome (PMS), do not mess with us. Otherwise, you take the responsibility of the consequences...
Let’s use me as an example. Since, at work and privately, I have been quite busy, I have not been sleeping well enough. Normally, if I am tired only, at the worst case, my reaction time would be slow. However, I can still smile. If all things come up at the same time (tired + hungry + PMS), the probability of me blowing up at people can be very high. Luckily, this kind of situation does not happen very often, else, people around me would suffer quite a bit.
Things that I can usually stand can become very irritating. I would think, “These things are easy. Why don’t you take care of them on your own?” “Didn’t I tell you last time? Don’t you dare ask me every single thing!” … “You move just a little bit after I kick you once. Can’t you be more proactive than this?!” “Geez, do you know how to drive?!” “I am already not in a good mood, and you keep bothering me. You want to die?”
On business, I need to maintain professionalism so I cannot get angry. Privately, I do not like to give others my long face either. Therefore, I would rather hide, rest, and wait till I am in a better mood to see other people. No one likes to see me throwing a tantrum. It is not cute. In fact, it is not hard to prevent girls from being angry. All you have to do is to satisfy their basic needs: never let them become hungry, give them enough sleep and personal space, and be nice.