Saturday, April 23, 2005

朋友的電郵

數日前,一位朋友來電郵提起,他有份參與香港機場入股杭州機場的計畫,還附上一段新聞稿。平時只知道他工作非常繁忙,我不過問,他也很少告訴我在忙甚麼。大家在地球的兩端,只管各忙各的,天天就是這樣過了。明明知道跟他很熟,卻又覺得有一點兒陌生。有時想,我們還認識對方嗎?還了解一點點吧?在相聚時不會無言以對吧?

到底,應該怎樣對付這些經常失踪的潛艇呢?自問比他們好不了幾多,只不過我沒有潛得那麼深罷了,要「蒲頭」不難。其實,我要求也不高,我們知道怎樣可以聯絡上大家,知道需要人商量時,對方會樂意當聽眾,只要大家生活愉快,工作得高興便好了。當大家有這種默契,平時也用不著喋喋不休荷包蛋的。

真正的友情,是任何時候遇上都可以重拾上回未說完的話題。真正的朋友,有時會有急不及待告訴你最近做了甚麼的衝動。真正的知己,無論一天大家鬧得有多不愉快,若干時日後便會恢復正常,攬頭攬頸的。好朋友之間,會原諒對方重色輕友,無尾飛駝。

曾經聽過一句話:「若你愛一個人,要放他〈或她〉自由。」不竟,你要是不打算嫁他〈或娶她〉,把對方留在身邊幹甚麼?年老時大家一塊兒進老人院嗎?哈,其實,我也有想過將來,跟老朋友們比賽電動輪椅的呢。

Email from a Friend

Few days ago, a friend emailed to me. He mentioned that he participated in the Hong Kong Airport Authority investment project on Hangzhou Airport. He also attached the press release. I know he is always busy. I rarely ask him about his work, and he seldom tells me the details. We busily live our own lives day by day on the two sides of the planet. He and I are close, but yet unfamiliar as well. Do we still know each other? Perhaps, we still do. Will we have nothing to say to each other the next time we meet?

How should we deal with such submarines? I, myself, do not behave any better than them. However, I do not dive in as deep. It is not hard for me to resurface. In fact, I am not asking too much either. We know where to find each other. We know if we need to discuss something important, someone will happily become the audience. As long as we live well and enjoy our career, we are happy for each other. Due to such understanding, there is really no need to talk all the time.

True friendship is to be able to pick up whatever we have left off last time. True friends are whoever with an urge to tell you what they have done these days. Whenever you have a big fight, you know you will be friends again sooner or later. Good friends are those who do not mind you disappearing from them for your prince charming (or your goddess).

I once heard a saying, “If you love someone, set him (or her) free.” Well, especially when you have no plans to marry him (or her), why would you want to keep him (or her) on your side all the time? Are we really waiting to move into the nursing home together? Ha, I did think about racing electric wheelchairs with my good old friends.