Wednesday, April 27, 2005

鴛鴦奶茶

今年立下的新年計劃之一:戒咖啡行動,似乎進行得不太順利。要戒咖啡的原因,是想避免不飲咖啡時帶來的劇烈頭痛,這可證明我的咖啡癮有多深呢。

年初是立心以茶代替咖啡的,近日由於睡眠不足,茶不夠提神,為免打瞌睡,只好飲咖啡了。在公司廚房,神不守舍,慣例放了茶包,然後倒咖啡‧‧‧咦,加糖加奶,那不是港式的鴛鴦奶茶嗎?!

自此以後,由減低咖啡因轉為增加更多的咖啡因:紅茶加咖啡。可是,無論怎樣調較,總不及香港茶餐廳的鴛鴦好味道,到底他們有甚麼秘訣的?提起鴛鴦奶茶,令我更加懷念那邊的奶油多。

Coffee Milk Tea

One of my New Year resolutions is to cut down on coffee. However, it is not going too well. The reason to cut down on coffee is to prevent myself from having caffeine withdrawal headache. I am a coffee addict.

At the beginning of the year, I replaced coffee with tea. These days, I do not have enough sleep. Tea is not strong enough to prevent me from dozing off. I could only go back to coffee. One day at the office kitchen, I unintentionally put in a tea bag, then poured coffee. Hmm, after adding milk and sugar, isn’t this the Hong Kong style coffee milk tea?!

From then on, I went from lowering caffeine to increasing my caffeine intake: tea plus coffee. However, no matter how hard I tried, I could not adjust the taste to be exactly the same as the one served in a Hong Kong tea house. What do they do to the drink?! Now that I mention the HK style coffee milk tea, I miss the French toast over there quite a bit.

No comments: